9 Reasons the prospects for Bitcoin Cash becoming the dominant Bitcoin chain are very good!
It seems like these days we have quite a lot of positive developments for Bitcoin Cash. :D :D
- November fork -- to change the difficult adjustment algorithm to something that should give us nice smooth release of new coins of one block every ten minutes. (And change the address format to make it easier for users to not get confused.)
- Price ranging staying about 300$ for quite a while even with heavy dumping from firms that have been holding Bitcoin for their users and selling the BCH.
- At times Bitcoin Cash has attracted a lot of hashpower.
- Bitcoin.com declaring (and giving a lot of convincing reasons why) Bitcoin Cash is the true heir to the Bitcoin name and the only coin true to Satoshi's vision.
- Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Craig S Wright, and Calvin Ayre teaming up to promote Bitcoin Cash as the one true Bitcoin. Hate them or love them, they bring a lot of resources and brain power.
- Bitcoin Cash has 6 development teams. One of the most discouraging things over the last several years, is that due to the toxic atmosphere surrounding Core and the continual infighting about whether to scale or not, if coffee was a valid Bitcoin purchase or not, developers stopped thinking of Bitcoin as an interesting field of research. The Core stifled creativity by making the blockchain a place where you could only develop and build on if you got prior permission. Not the permissionless blockchain Satoshi intended. Things are so much different now. Lots of new ideas, lots of friendliness and openness. None of the old snobbiness and elitism fostered by the Core developers.
- The magic of Bitcoin has returned. Redditers on r/btc are again joyfully posting when a new retailer accepts Bitcoin Cash or when they've used Bitcoin Cash to buy coffee or hot chocolate. There is something magical about frictionless, instant transactions where one doesn't have to trust a lightning network channel. Satoshi Dice and Yours.org are some very good examples of how cool Bitcoin Cash can be. And they are just the beginning.
- Businesses can see from the Gigabyte block testing experiments that all six developer teams working on Bitcoin Cash are serious about making sure that businesses don't have any more nasty surprises down the road with sudden increases in fees.
Are there other reasons to be thinking Bitcoin Cash are going to have a rosy next twelve months? What have I missed?
Update: I've written another post with more info -- 10 Reasons I'm Bullish on Bitcoin Cash this December
No one has reviewed this piece of content yet