I can speak fluently: Spanish, Portuguese and English. Paraguay is a bilingual country, Spanish and Guarani are the official languages, Guarani is an indigenous language, although I moved to this country when I was very young I couldn't learn it. Besides the official languages most people here also speak Portuguese since Ciudad del Este lies opposite to the Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu. I learned Portuguese very easily. I love being able to communicate in different languages, here are some advantages of being trilingual:
- You become a different person with every language you master.
- Multilingualism could open opportunities for jobs.
- You find a connection in history, art, literature, but most importantly, your heritage.
- You become smarter! Seriously!
- It'll decrease your chances of dementia!
- You will appreciate cultures much more.
- You'll boost your memory!
- You'll probably be much more attractive to some people. (not working with me... but anyways...)
- You'll learn to appreciate phrases that are lost in translation.
- You'll be able to interact and connect with other people around the globe easily.
Do you speak any foreign languages?
No one has reviewed this piece of content yet