An update on our progress and support using Bitcoin Cash
What's AKARI up to?
This post is meant to be a review of what we've worked on and are doing: One of the first things we did was create this guide. Users from around the world helped us translate it! We started collaborating with others on our first media projects with more to come, and created our first educational resource. We wrote an article about why we choose Bitcoin Cash.
Then we made AKARI-PAY. One of the motivations for this was to help encourage more Bitcoin Cash ecosystem developers (such as those on http://devs.cash) to get more donations for their hard work. We're happy to say that the small tool was well received, if difficult to immediately see the benefits. It may seem like a small simple tool, but it is the most important tool that helps most of the work we do - and projects we are supporting.
We used our own software to encourage others to support our own efforts, You can view a recap of these milestones over here if you're interested: https://www.yours.org/content/akari-global-foundation-website-launched-b84a3ab153ad - from "AKARI-PAY", to "Advanced", to "PAGES", the latest being AKARI-PageBuilder (APB) + http://BitFund.cash All of which together make a free, decentralized, open-source Bitcoin Cash donations and crowd-fundraising software suite.
Since the start of the year the donations we received (at this time a little over $1k in USD value) to AKARI-DEV and the "BitFund", have been put towards & helped motivate the creation of: - Development of an initial guide and new guide for APB: http://agf.earth/guide/apb
- AKARI Media Platform (AMP) launch to begin amplifying: http://startbch.com
- (AMP) helps to create & raise awareness of quality BCH educational media. Initial media such as the guides and this introductory piece created: https://i.imgur.com/JUCihFn.jpg as well as helping provide graphics for others in the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem. - v1.0 of the Foundation website was set up and launched at http://agf.earth
- Those using our tools helped us iron out some bugs; fixes were made for all three projects, with the first successful campaign launched and completed - the endangered Cheetahs fundraiser - not long ago.
- Since then we helped five more fundraisers begin: http://bitfund.cash
A post will follow tomorrow regarding their fundraisers as well as the SLP (Simple Ledger Protocol) project as featured on http://bitfund.cash.
- We began to raise awareness of our own tools on BCH social networks and Reddit, even though Reddit is not a good place for sharing our tools as it is seen as spam, but the /r/btc community is quite supportive so far.
- Domains: we have purchased some domains for future work.
- The http://BitFund.cash website was revamped, with some new features, including front-page live updates, tags and a search tool coupled with a "username" feature. Some of these new features will be used in another tool we are developing.
Primarily helping other BCH fundraisers begin
Below is a screenshot showing how our two small funds are helping others start their fundraiser. Most of the funds received have been put to use by investing in Bitcoin Cash ecosystem projects (those funds that have goals related to BCH in their projects), or helping fundraisers begin their Bitcoin Cash-accepting initiatives.
We can't help fundraisers finish their goals, but we can help them get started:
A small portion of AKARI-DEV donations have been set aside, allocated for development work, but have not yet been used. The DEV fund was used for a few initial fundraisers until the "BitFund" took over primarily for helping fundraisers start - as highlighted on http://bitfund.cash.
If you are considering donating and would just like us to distribute donations to everyone on http://bitfund.cash - please consider donating here:
...the fund has been and will continue to solely be used to help new fundraisers test and begin! Again, we can't help fundraisers totally finish their goals, but we can help them get started and help a little bit.
Separate from the "BitFund" - the remaining funds and future funds in the "AKARI-DEV Fund" will be used on the following projects:
In the works (beyond updates) are the following:
"Support" - a decentralized self-hosted patreon-ish/medium-ish publishing tool similar to APB that is focused on helping individuals get periodically paid for ongoing work/projects. (That we will also be using). AMP - more educational resources, updates, and awareness for edu. projects. B3 Fund and Starter-Bit (with page on foundation website) - introductory (physical) tools to Bitcoin Cash, to benefit individual's financial standing. We are actually considering using SLP and/or BitDB for this initiative and so we are familiarizing ourselves with both projects.
AKARI-TIPJAR - (backburner - not enough funding received at this time to make this project a higher priority, other projects are more important)
Foundation - a heavy focus on leveraging the Bitcoin Cash tools and programs for years to come. As with all our projects, we are focusing on our goals as listed on our foundation website, and we're just getting started on a lifelong journey. If you'd like to support these goals and our projects, please consider donating today at the AKARI GLOBAL FOUNDATION website: http://agf.earth/ Thank you for reading and thank you for your continued support - we cannot do this without your support!