Unofficial Yours.org Survey - Results
About one week ago i posted a survey asking some general questions about the users of Yours.org and here are the results.
Overall 31 people participated. I am not sure if that is much because i don´t know the number of total active users on Yours. But i want to thank everyone who took the time to answer the questions. The data set might be small but i am sure it represents the user base in some way or another.
What country are you from?
- People from 12 different countries participated
- About 35% of all participants are from the US
How old are you?
- 45.2% / 25 - 34
- 32.3% / 35 - 44
- 12.9% / 18 - 24
- 6.5 % / 55 - 64
- 3.2 % / Under 18
- No people above 65
- 30 out of 31 revealed their gender (At the beginning i didn't make Gender a mandatory question. One mysterious participant did not want to reveal his or her gender
I know Yours.org has more than 3 women but i think that reflects the general trend in the Crypto Scene. A lot of males and not enough females.
How did you find out about Yours.org?
- Most people discovered Yours trough Social Media
- 16.1% got here because of their friends or family (Tell all your friends about Yours!)
- And we also have one co-founder. (guess which one)
What Social Media brought you here?
- Twitter is the Social Media that brought most of the people here
Did you know about Crypto Currencies before Yours.org
How often do you visit Yours.org on average?
- Over 51% visit Yours multiple times a day
- 3.2% visit only once a month
One problem here is that people who don´t visit Yours on a regular bases probably did not take notice of this survey. That means mostly active people participated. But that is only a guess
Do you only consume or also publish content on Yours?
- Most people consume and create
- 19.4% only consume content
- 3.2% only create content
Which categories on Yours are the most interesting?
- Crypto is the most popular 71%
- General is the second most popular 51,6%
- Fiction is the least popular 6,5%
What other category do you want on Yours?
- 23 people suggested new categories for Yours
- Most people wanted a Music Category
Do you only consume free content on Yours?
- People who use Yours are willing to pay money for good content
How much do you pay for content on average?
- 41,4% / 11ct - 99ct
- 27.6% consume mostly free content
- 13.% / 10ct
- 6.9% / 1ct - 9ct
- 6.9% / 1$
- 3.4% / 1.01$ - 5.00$
Nobody pays more than 5$
What kind of content do you create ?
- Articles are the most popular (very vague term i know)
On which categories do you post the most ?
- General and Crypto get most of the posts
Do you always charge money for your content?
How much do you charge for your content on average?
- 33.3% mostly release free content
- 25.9% / 10ct
- 25.9% / 11ct - 99ct
- 11.1% / 1ct - 9ct
- 3.7 % / 5.00$ - 9.99$
Nobody charges more than 9.99$. In addition to that the chart is kind of similar to the "How much do you pay for content" chart.
Have you made more money by selling your content or by receiving donations?
- More people earn money trough donations than by selling their content
Is earning money your biggest motivation for using Yours?
- The majority said they are not only here for the money!
I am also not only here for the money but would be happy if you tipped in case you liked this post and it provided some useful information. I know the data set wasn't very big. But then again, since the community is still very young i don´t know how many people actually visit Yours. And also, feel free to leave a comment and to discuss the results.
3 of 3 reviewers say it's worth paying for
0 of 3 reviewers say it's not worth paying for